Sunday, April 13, 2014

Freedom (Gregory David Roberts)

Click here for more info re Shantaram tour!

“It took me a long time and most of the world to learn what I know about love and fate and the choices we make, but the heart of it came to me in an instant, while I was chained to a wall and being tortured. I realised, somehow, through the screaming of my mind, that even in that shackled, bloody helplessness, I was still free: free to hate the men who were torturing me, or to forgive them. It doesn’t sound like much, I know. But in the flinch and bite of the chain, when it’s all you’ve got, that freedom is an universe of possibility. And the choice you make between hating and forgiving, can become the story of your life.”

Gregory David Roberts, Shantaram

For more pls click :
Gregory David Roberts on CNN Talk Asia  

No comments:

Post a Comment